React Component Generator
A cool VSCode extension that lets you create your component's files/folders instantly with boilerplate code. Also automatically handles CSS file import if needed and exports the component from the index file of the Component directory.
How to install?
- Go to Extenstion Marketplace or press
Ctrl + Shift + X.
- Search for
- Then simply install the extension named
React Component Generator.
How to use?
- You need to open your react project in VSCode to use this extension.
Ctrl + Shift + P.
React Component generator.
- Then simply press
Enterto choose your current project.
- In case you're getting this error, it means your VSCode is not opened in your project directory.
- If you wish to clean your initial react app template choose
- Choose component file type to create a new react component template.
Note: While naming components you can use space or other symbols which will be removed and the character next to it will be capitalized.
- Can create components using this extension instantly.
- You can choose to create a test file as well as a CSS file for your component.
- If you choose to create a CSS file as well its import will be done by default.
- Creates boilerplate code for the component you generated.
- Will automatically export the file from index.js
- Can clean your create react app initial template using the
Clean Templateoption easily Note: Use this option only when you are starting with your project
- Now the import exports in the index file will be properly formatted
- Detects file type ( like
- Removes all characters other than alphanum and capitalizes the char next to it.