LightCode is a powerful web-based development tool allowing multiple users to modify the same codebase in real-time. It is built with React.js, Node.js, Socket.IO, and Tailwind CSS technologies and you can experience its capabilities through the Live Demo at https://glowing-florentine-cf9253.netlify.app.
- Shared editing: Users can collaboratively modify the same codebase in real-time, observing each other's modifications.
- Colored syntax: The editor includes support for multiple programming languages, highlighting code with distinct colors.
- Immediate view: Modifications to the source are displayed live in a preview window.
- Multiple language support
To install and run LightCode locally, follow these steps:
- Clone the repository:
git clone https://github.com/rangola/LightCode
- Navigate to the project directory:
- Install dependencies:
- Start the development server:
The application will be running at http://localhost:3000.
To deploy the Realtime Code Editor to a production environment, follow these steps:
- Build the production bundle:
npm run build
- Set the
NODE_ENVenvironment variable to
- Start the production server:
npm run start:prod
The Realtime Code Editor can be customized by creating a
.env file in the root directory of the project and setting the following variables:
PORT: The port number on which the server should listen (default: 3000).
SESSION_SECRET: A secret used to encrypt session data.
HOST: The hostname or IP address of the server (default: localhost).
The Realtime Code Editor is licensed under the MIT License. See LICENSE for more information.