Authentication and authorization as a service
Why id6 ?
I wrote id6 out of frustration of re-writing authentication and authorization over and over again. It is distributed as a Docker container and meant to be run as a container alongside your application, handling authentication and authorization as a service.
In short, it features the following:
- easy to deploy with Docker
- simple integration in frontend and backend frameworks using our SDKs
- natively supports email/password authentication
- supports many authentication methods through PassportJS (feel free to add those you need)
- dynamically enabled authentication methods
- customizable branding
docker-compose -f ./docker-compose-dev.yml up -d npm i npm start
Adding new auth methods
- Add an auth strategy in
- Add an entry for loading your strategy's configuration in the config adapter.