Public Domain Television for Twitch
This application plays movies from Public Domain Movies The current version is only used to play Cartoons, but can easily be modified to play any category or list of mp4s.
Built live on Ravavyr's channel
Images used were grabbed from the internet or created by Sky. If you want to claim ownership of one or dispute it, reach out to Ravavyr.
Start by running the following:
npm run start
Open http://localhost:3000 to view it in your browser.
The page will reload when you make changes.
You may also see any lint errors in the console.
npm run build
Builds the app for production to the
In the browser users can control the TV by:
- clicking the top dial turns it on and off
- clicking the second dial increases the channel, but only if the top dial is in the "on" state.
- No additional controls are visible for the browser. (They are in the code and can be uncommented to make them visible if you want to use it in the browser only)
Twitch Chat Commands
Users can control the TV with the following commands:
- !tv on (turns it on to the current channel or 0 if just starting)
- !tv off (turns it off but remembers current channel)
- !tv + (goes up one channel)
- !tv - (goes down one channel)
- !tv VOL#.# (sets volume to #.# a value between 0.0 and 1.0)
- !tv CH## (sets channel to ## a value between 0 and the max channel, based on the data loaded into it. The initial example has 10 movies, so 10 channels)
- !tv pause (paused current movie)
- !tv play (continues playing current movie)