Remotion is a suite of libraries building a fundament for creating videos programmatically using React.
Why create videos in React?
- Leverage web technologies: Use all of CSS, Canvas, SVG, WebGL, etc.
- Leverage programming: Use variables, functions, APIs, math and algorithms to create new effects
- Leverage React: Reusable components, Powerful composition, Fast Refresh, Package ecosystem
- Remotion Trailer Watch • Source code • The announcement video for Remotion was written in Remotion itself!
- AnySticker Welcome Video Watch • Source code • An in-app explainer video for my app AnySticker.
- Spotify Wrapped Recreated Watch • Tutorial • Source code • A recreation of Spotify Wrapped where you can override all text and images via command line.
- "Game changer or no game changer" intro Watch • Source code • An intro for a quiz show I did with William Candillon.
- "The X in MDX" talk Watch • Source code • A re-recording of this talk using Remotion.
- Redesigning the Scatterplot Watch • Source code • An animated section of Edward R. Tufte's book The Visual Display of Quantitative Information.
- News Podcast Maker Watch • Source code • A fully automated News Podcast Maker.
Feel free to pull request your creations!
If you already have Yarn and FFMPEG installed, type
yarn create video
to get started. Otherwise, read the installation page in the documentation.
Head to remotion.dev to learn the in and outs of Remotion!
Be aware of that Remotion has a special license and requires obtaining a company license in some cases. Read the LICENSE documentation for more information.
Please read CONTRIBUTING.md to learn about contributing to this project.